We have a legal obligation to let you know what personal information we collect about you, what we use it for and for what reason and basis. We have to explain to you what your rights are in relation to your personal information. You always have the right to know what information we hold about you and to have a copy of it. You can request that we change any information about you, and in some cases you can ask for the data to be deleted.
We believe that people have the right to privacy. We will never use your data in any way that we would not want our own personal data to be used. You should feel confident that we will keep your data secure and use it both lawfully and ethically. Whatever we do with your information, we must always have a legal basis for doing so. We generally rely on one or more of the following grounds (reasons) for our processing:
- You have ordered a product or service from us. We are entitled to process your information so that we can provide you with the product or service that you have ordered from us, and for us to take the necessary payment(s) from you.
2. We may collect and use your information for other purposes, such as to send you promotional offers or newsletters. We may need to ask for your consent (permission) and, if this is the case, that permission will always be indicated by a positive action from you – for example, you may tick a box to opt-in. You are free to withdraw your permission at any time (for example, by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom of a newsletter).
What personal information we store, and how we use it
We will use your personal information to provide you with products and services, and to take payment for those products and/or services. This applies if you purchase a product or service from us, or if you register an account.
This mean that we will:
- Charge you for our products or services and ensure your payment reaches us;
- Record details about the products and/or services you use, or order from us;
- Send you product or service-information messages (for example e-mail updates when your product has been ordered, dispatched, or if there are any delays).
We use the following to provide our products and services:
- Your contact details and other information to confirm your identity and your communications with us. This includes your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- Your payment and financial information;
- Your communications with us including e-mails, webchats and telephone calls. We will also keep records of any settings or communication preferences that you might have chosen.
If you have opted-in to receive newsletters or marketing material, or entered a prize promotion or competition, we’ll use your personal information to send you account information, direct marketing and to help identify products and services that might interest you.
This means that we will:
- Tell you about other products or services that you might be interested in;
- Tell you about updates to the website;
- Tell you about changes to policies;
- Try and identify products and services that you are interesting in, and to show you more relevant online advertising.
This will involve using the following information for marketing (and identifying the products or services you might be interested in):
- Your contact details including your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- Your payment and financial information.
We will send you information about the products and services we provide by e-mail, post, or online banner advertising. We also use the information we have about you to personalise this messages as we believe it is important to make them relevant to you and your interests. We have a legitimate business interest in keeping you up to date with our products and services, making them relevant to you and making sure you manage your spending with us.
To receive marketing messages, you will have opted-in to allow us to do this. You always have the option to opt-out.
Sharing your information
We do not, and will never, share your information with any other party without additional and recorded permission. We do not share the data of our users unless we have legal responsibility to do so.
How we protect your personal information
We retain strict messages to protect your personal information, and are compliant with our obligations in the GDPR. Your data is protected, and the website is secured with the necessary security certificates. We apply suitable measures to ensure we are following security protocols, including checking your identity if you get in touch with us.
How long we keep your personal information
We store your information for 36 months following the data you purchase a product or service, or have accessed our website. The data is then deleted from our database. You retain the right at any time to ask us to remove all of your data. This can be done by using the contact form on our website or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.